July 4th, 1776 the motherland we all know, and love was founded by a group of people with an ambition. 3.8 million square miles stretching from the Atlantic to Pacific was established over time. Could you ever imagine doing that without coffee? Sure, the pioneers didn’t have iced americanos or sugar-free vanilla latte’s but let’s be real…. no coffee!? While our ancestors may have gone a while without this glorious drink- we at Flag and Wire would never make you do that. In fact, we would never want to make you do that! So, raise your glasses and shout a cheer, it’s time to celebrate with more than just beer. We’ve found some recipes we hope you’ll enjoy, so keep reading-it’s a surprise!
Independence Day is one we all know and perhaps celebrate. The fireworks, the hotdogs, friends and family, red, white and blue; independence is more than just that- it’s a virtue. Gathering together to celebrate the “what ifs.” What if we all got on a boat and traveled towards something new? What if we became familiar with new adventures or took a chance on the unfamiliar? What if we strove for greatness instead of weakness, worked for equality instead of inequality, showed compassion and neighborliness instead of selfishness? What if we bought a cup of coffee that made a true difference instead of multinational corporate profit? What if…. What if- we showed love and compassion. That is what we stand for; love, compassion, and fairness in every aspect of our company. From the coffee we roast to the beverage you buy; we wont stop celebrating the little “what ifs.” We want to celebrate with you each and every day, and because of that we are excited to share some of our personal favorite little “what ifs.”
One day, the sun was out and we thought- “Hmmm… I love his cold brew, but I’d also like a cocktail... and a popsicle… or maybe even a root-beer float?!” We knew we needed to try some of our “what if” ideas and with that, we scoured the internet for the best cold brew infused recipies, tested them out, loved them and knew we needed to share them with you. So, because of our risk taking and adventure loving taste buds, we are thrilled to share with you a hand full of our favorite cold-brew infused recipes from the House of Arabica.
Lots of Love,
Flag and Wire
Tonic Cold Brew Cocktail
Wake up or wind down with this unique cold-brew coffee. It only requires a few ingredients, but it is a healthy alternative to other cocktails that will give you just the right amount of buzz you need. This is a great coffee recipe to enjoy after dinner with some guests, and it is sure to wow everyone you serve it to! The added maraschino cherries and juice perfectly sweeten the espresso but do not overpower its natural flavors.
- cold brew concentrate
- 3 oz. tonic water
- Ice cubes
- Maraschino cherries
- Grab your favorite glass or mug and fill with ice cubes.
- Next, pour in tonic water and then cold brew concentrate. Be mindful of the tonic bubbles, as you do not want the drink pouring over.
- Drizzle in the juice of the maraschino cherries and add a few on top.
- Enjoy this coffee cocktail!
Cold Brew Coffee Popsicles The perfect popsicle for adults is finally here. I love to make these during those hot summer days and have one as an afternoon treat. These are fun, delicious popsicles that you can enjoy any time of day!
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 4 cups fresh cold water
- 3-4 Tbsp condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups milk (any kind)
- In a large pot or bowl, add coffee beans with fresh water. Gently stir, cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- In a bowl, combine cold coffee, condensed milk, and milk. Make sure it tastes the way you like it.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for up to 24 hours.
Kahlua Infused Coconut Latte Boozy coffee? Yes please. The smooth texture of this coffee brings out the sweet coconut flavors. I love drinking this coffee cold and sprinkling shredded coconut on top – delish!
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- ¾ cup milk (coconut milk will add even more coconut flavor)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 oz of cold brew concentrate
- In a pot, put in Kahlua, milk, coconut cream, cinnamon, and sugar and heat for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Next, put ingredients in blender and blend until frothy.
- Heat espresso and mix with frothy blend.
- If you want it cold, do not heat espresso and add ice cubes to a glass.
- Add sweetener if needed.
Cold Brew Black Moon This is a spicy, Mexican inspired coffee recipe that is delicious and surprising with each sip. The addition of cream at the end allows for a smooth texture against the fizzy Coca Cola.
- 5 cups cold-brew coffee
- ½ cup liqueur
- ½ cup spiced rum
- 12 oz. Coca Cola
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Mix coffee, liqueur, rum, and Coca Cola.
- Pour over ice-filled glasses and drizzle in cream.
Overnight Oats Cold-Brew Coffee. Enjoy your morning coffee in a different way with these cold-brew overnight oats! The coffee flavor is just right and the oats and milk offer a creamy texture.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp cold-brew coffee
- ¼ cup vanilla soy or almond milk
- ½ scoop of protein powder
- 1 Tbsp flax or chia seeds
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Dive in in the morning! Top with nut butter, maple syrup, or even chocolate chips.